Easter Seals Alberta Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Update – April 28, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, Easter Seals Alberta is closely monitoring the situation and is taking appropriate action to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff, and volunteers. Easter Seals Alberta owns and operates Easter Seals Camp Horizon and Easter Seals McQueen Home with the mission to provide services that foster inclusion, independence and recreation for individuals with disabilities and medical conditions.
Easter Seals Alberta is actively working to mitigate the risk to our clients. As the risk has continued to increase, Easter Seals Alberta, Camp Horizon and McQueen Home have responded in accordance with the information and guidance from Alberta Health Services and supporting agencies.
In response to COVID-19, we are:
- Continuing to monitor the reports on the COVID-19 outbreak in the province.
- Circulating information on best practices in the prevention of COVID-19 to our clients, families, staff, and volunteers.
- Continuing to ensure strict cleaning practices, adhering to all health standards.
- Continuing to regularly clean areas with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Encouraging frequent and proper hand washing among staff, volunteers, visitors, and clients.
- Encouraging proper cough and sneeze etiquette among staff, volunteers, visitors, and clients.
- Ensuring all high-touch common areas are consistently wiped down with disinfectant.
You can help by:
- Practicing physical distancing and stay at home when possible;
- Using good hygiene practices, such as frequent handwashing;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- If you have symptoms, stay home and call Health Link 811 for instructions.
Easter Seals Alberta staff are working remotely to prevent the spread of the virus. The best way to reach a staff member is to send us an email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter Seals McQueen Home follows all infectious disease controls as directed by Alberta Health Services. To mitigate the risk to our residents, we have banned all visitors to Easter Seals McQueen Home at this time.
As we continue to watch the COVID-19 pandemic unfold and develop, we are downhearted to have to announce the suspension of The Horizon Howler (previously Fall Sleepover) this fall. Please click here to see the official announcement.
Easter Seals Alberta’s Camp Horizon is still accepting wedding and rental bookings into 2021. Please email email@example.com to make an inquiry into booking a date.
You can find more information about the spread of COVID-19 and actions being taken in Alberta by visiting https://www.alberta.ca/includes/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx