Life’s brighter with partners like Sun Life! Easter Seals is pleased to announce a new partnership with Sun Life to help students living with disabilities succeed in school and transition successfully into the labour force!
The Workplace Readiness Mentorship Program, funded by Sun Life, will provide three $1,500 scholarships to Alberta students who are entering or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution and match them with a volunteer mentor who will provide guidance and assist them in preparing for the workplace.
Candidates will be given consideration based on the following criteria:
- A resident of Alberta,
- Have a disability,
- Currently attending or will be attending post-secondary education (college, university, vocational/trades program).
- To apply, please fill out and submit the Application Form.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email asking you for the following documents:
- A one-page letter explaining why you should be selected. You can include information on your motivation, academic commitment, initiative, extra-curricular activities, challenges faced (and overcome), financial need, and/or any other relevant information that would strengthen your application. Please include a picture that can be used for media purposes, if required.
- A letter or copy of email documentation from a medical physician, therapist, or social worker outlining your disability.
- Documentation confirming you are enrolled in post-secondary education in Fall 2023.
- Send your completed forms/ documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are now closed for the 2023-2024 school year. Please check back in early 2024.
Please reach out to Sarah for more information or to apply to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing your applications!