Life’s brighter with partners like Sun Life! Easter Seals is pleased to announce a new partnership with Sun Life to help students living with disabilities succeed in school and transition successfully into the labour force!
The Workplace Readiness Mentorship Program, funded by Sun Life, will provide one $1,500 scholarship for an Alberta student and two $1,500 scholarships to Northwest Territories students who are entering or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution and match them with a volunteer mentor who will provide guidance and assist them in preparing for the workplace.
Candidates will be given consideration based on the following criteria:
- A resident of Alberta or the Northwest Territories,
- Have a disability,
- Currently attending or will be attending post-secondary education (college, university, vocational/trades program).
To apply, please provide the following:
- Alberta Application form or Northwest Territories Application form
- A one-page letter explaining why you should be selected.
- Indicate if you are a current or previously registered participant/client in an Easter Seals Alberta program. If you are not, please include a document from a medical physician, therapist or social worker outlining your disability.
- Documentation confirming you are enrolled in a Winter 2023 semester or starting post-secondary education in Fall 2023.
Thank you for your interest. 2023 applications are not open yet. Please check back soon!
Please reach out to Sarah for more information or to apply at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing your applications!