Supporting Students through Accessible Technology and Mentorship Program
Easter Seals is pleased to partner with Scotia Bank, through its ScotiaRISE commitment, to offer financial grants and mentorship opportunities to students in Alberta who are currently in or who will be entering high school in Fall 2023.
The grant and mentorship opportunity is intended for any student with a disability who is currently enrolled in or entering high school in Fall 2023. The scholarship’s objective is to reduce financial barriers for the student as they complete high school and assist them in preparing for a successful transition into post-secondary education or entry into the workforce.
As part of this unique opportunity, recipients can participate in a year-long mentorship program from September 2023 to June 2024. The recipients will be paired with a volunteer mentor who can provide encouragement, guidance, and support for their future studies or work experience.
Value of the Grant
The grants are valued at $1000 per student. Students can apply the grant funding toward purchasing laptops, learning aids or other specialized/adaptive learning equipment, learning software, or tutoring and other costs required for school.
Candidates will be considered based on the following criteria:
- A resident of Alberta,
- Have a disability,
- Currently attending or will be attending high school in Fall 2023,
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic process,
- Articulated plan for the future,
- Commitment to participate in mentorship to the best of their ability.
To apply, please fill out the Application form.
Once you complete this form, you will receive an email asking you for the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining why you should receive this grant. You can include information on your motivation, academic commitment, initiative, extra-curricular activities, challenges faced (and overcome), financial need, and/or any other relevant information that would strengthen your application. Please include a picture that can be used for media purposes, if required.
- A letter or copy of email documentation from a healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or therapist) attesting to your disability.
- Documentation confirming that you are currently enrolled in high school.
Please forward your completed forms to email@example.com.
Applications are open until October 31, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions or have issues completing the form online, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your applications!