Life’s brighter with partners like Sun Life! Easter Seals is pleased to announce a new partnership with Sun Life to help students living with disabilities succeed in school and transition successfully into the labour force!
The Workplace Readiness Mentorship Program, funded by Sun Life, will provide one $2,000 scholarship to a student in Alberta who is entering or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution and match them with a volunteer mentor who will provide guidance and assist them in preparing for the workplace.
Candidates will be given consideration based on the following criteria:
- A resident of Alberta,
- Have a disability,
- Currently attending or will be attending post-secondary education (college, university, vocational/trades program).
- To apply, please fill out and submit the Application Form.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email asking you for the following documents:
- A one-page letter explaining why you should be selected. You should include information on your motivation, academic commitment, initiative, extra-curricular activities, challenges faced (and overcome), financial need, and/or any other relevant information that would strengthen your application. Please include a picture that can be used for media purposes, if required.
- A letter or copy of email documentation from a medical physician, therapist, or social worker outlining your disability.
- Documentation confirming you are enrolled in post-secondary education for the Winter 2024 semester.
- Send your completed forms/ documentation to email@example.com.
Applications are closed for the 2023-2024 school year. Please check back later.
Please reach out to Megan for more information or to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your applications!