Easter Seals Alberta Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Update – June 15, 2022
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be present, Easter Seals Alberta is closely monitoring the situation and is taking appropriate action to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff, and volunteers. Easter Seals Alberta owns and operates Easter Seals Camp Horizon and Easter Seals McQueen Home with the mission to provide services that foster inclusion, independence and recreation for individuals with disabilities and medical conditions.
Easter Seals Alberta is actively working to mitigate the risk to our clients. Easter Seals Alberta, Camp Horizon and McQueen Home have responded in accordance with the information and guidance from Alberta Health Services and supporting agencies.
In response to COVID-19, we are:
- Circulating information on best practices in the prevention of COVID-19 to our clients, families, staff, and volunteers.
- Continuing to ensure strict cleaning practices, adhering to all health standards.
- Continuing to regularly clean areas with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Encouraging frequent and proper hand washing among staff, volunteers, visitors, and clients.
- Encouraging proper cough and sneeze etiquette among staff, volunteers, visitors, and clients.
- Ensuring all high-touch common areas are consistently wiped down with disinfectant.
You can help by:
- Practicing physical distancing and staying at home when possible;
- Using good hygiene practices, such as frequent handwashing;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- If you have symptoms, stay home and call Health Link 811 for instructions.
In light of COVID-19 improvements and restrictions lifting, we are very excited to be welcoming campers back to Camp Horizon in 2022. To view our COVID-19 camper requirements, CLICK HERE.
If you have specific inquiries about volunteering at Camp Horizon or visiting McQueen Residence, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.