The Disability Travel Card™makes it easier for people with disabilities to
It provides identification allowing adult attendants to travel with people that have permanent disabilities at no cost on participating Canadian coach operators
or Via Rail. The person with a disability that's accompanied by an adult attendant then travels at a reduced fare.
Easter Seals Canada and its members and/or affiliates are authorized to approve reduced fare tickets.
Persons with permanent disabilities requiring a travel attendant may apply for the card under the terms and conditions:
- The person with a permanent disability and the adult attendant must travel together the entire trip.
- The adult attendant must be capable of assisting the person with a permanent disability.
- The person with a disability fills out an application supplied by Easter Seals Alberta.
- The form is signed by a health professional verifying the need for a travel attendant. (see Section B: Health Care Provider information on the application).
- Applicants must be a client/patient
of the authorizing health care provider.
Disability Travel Card Application
Disability Travel Card - Fillable PDF Document
*An attendant is defined as the individual accompanying the person with a
permanent disability that can't travel independently. They provide
services not normally provided by vehicle operators. These services
include assisting the person with eating, medication and washroom
For more information contact Uidsdr%60%21ed%21V%60%60m or call 403-235-5662 ext. 214 or 1-877-732-7837