Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship offers post-secondary academic scholarships to students living with physical disabilities. Created in loving memory of Phyllis Davidson, these scholarships help ease financial strain and support the recipient’s academic success.
Scholarships up to $5,000 per school year are given to qualified students working towards a post-secondary program in Alberta.
*Please note: Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship funds are to be used only on educational expenses (i.e. tuition, books, etc.).
To qualify, you must be a current student or candidate for admission into a post-secondary institution in Alberta, living with a physical disability. Students should be attending a minimum of two courses per semester, pursuing an academic or professional program leading to a degree or diploma.
The selected student(s) must provide annual proof of enrollment and academic transcripts no later than July 31 of each year.
Applicants will also include a photo and a personal letter indicating the results of the previous school year, how the scholarship assisted their career aspirations, how their physical disability affects their life, and how much they would like to receive from the scholarship fund.
To apply, please complete the Application Form.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email asking for these additional documents:
- One (1) nominating letter of reference describing why the applicant would be a worthy scholarship recipient. This letter should highlight the applicant’s contribution to the community, academic achievements and other accomplishments;
- One (1) letter of reference from a teacher at the applicant’s school or from an individual who is familiar with the applicant’s community service;
- A one (1) page personal letter indicating the results of the previous school year, how the scholarship assisted their career aspirations, how their physical disability affects their life and how much they would like to receive from the scholarship fund.
- An up-to-date, certified academic transcript.
- A letter or copy of email documentation from a medical physician, therapist, or social worker outlining your disability.
Applications are closed for the 2023-2024 school year. Please check back in early 2024.
For more information, please contact Easter Seals at (403) 235-5662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.