Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship offers post secondary academic scholarships to students living with physical disabilities. Created in loving memory of Phyllis Davidson, these scholarships help ease the financial responsibility of post-secondary schooling.
Scholarships from $2,500 to $5,000 per school year are given to qualified students working towards a post-secondary program in Alberta.
To qualify you must be a student or candidate for admission into a Community College or University in Canada, with intent to pursue an academic or professional program leading to a degree, or diploma. Student should be attending on a full time basis with a minimum of three courses per semester.
The selected student(s) must provide annual proof of enrollment, along with academic transcripts no later than July 31 of each year. They will also include a personal letter indicating the results of the previous school year and how the scholarship assisted their career aspirations.
Selection may be based on academic achievement or financial need.
Student with a permanent physical disability requiring use of mobility aid i.e. wheelchair, power scooter or power chair
Able to attend an annual recognition event.
Must include the following:
- A complete application form
- One (1) nominating letter of reference describing the reasons the applicant would be a worthy recipient of the scholarship. This application should highlight contribution to the community, academic achievements and other accomplishments
- One (1) letter of reference from a teacher at the applicant’s school or from an individual who is familiar with the applicant’s community service
- A one (1) page typed essay of goals and the role education will play in achieving those goals, along with why funding is required to meet those goals
- An up-to-date, certified academic transcript
Application Deadline Applications must be received at the Easter Seals office no later than July 31 for the next academic year.
For more information please contact Easter Seals at (403) 235-5662.
Scholarship Application form
Phyllis Davidson Easter Seal Scholarship Scholarship Review Committee
Easter Seals Alberta
103 – 811 Manning Road N.E.
Calgary, Alberta T2E 7L4