Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship offers post-secondary academic scholarships to students living with physical disabilities that require a mobility aid (wheelchair, scooter, crutches, etc). Created in loving memory of Phyllis Davidson, these scholarships help ease the financial burden of post-secondary schooling.
Scholarships from $2,500 to $5,000 per school year are given to qualified students working towards a post-secondary program in Alberta.
*Please note: Funds from the Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship are to be used only on educational expenses (ie. tuition, books, etc).
To qualify, you must be a current student or candidate for admission into a post-secondary institution in Alberta, with the intent to pursue an academic or professional program leading to a degree or diploma. Students should be attending on a full-time basis with a minimum of three courses per semester.
The selected student(s) must provide annual proof of enrollment, along with academic transcripts, no later than July 31 of each year.
Applicants will also include a personal letter indicating the results of the previous school year, how the scholarship assisted their career aspirations, how their disability affects their life and how much they would like to receive from the scholarship fund.
Must include the following:
- A complete application form;
- One (1) nominating letter of reference describing the reasons the applicant would be a worthy recipient of the scholarship. This application should highlight the contribution to the community, academic achievements and other accomplishments;
- One (1) letter of reference from a teacher at the applicant’s school or from an individual who is familiar with the applicant’s community service;
- A one (1) page personal letter indicating the results of the previous school year, how the scholarship assisted their career aspirations, how their disability affects their life and how much they would like to receive from the scholarship fund.
- An up-to-date, certified academic transcript.
The application deadline is July 30, 2022, for the following academic year (September 2022-April 2023).
For more information please contact Easter Seals at (403) 235-5662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.